• Our ideal candidate has a minimum of 10 years broadcast sales management experience, with a proven track record of successful revenue generation as well as growing station shares; strong computer skills with particular proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint; as well as knowledge of traffic systems.
• Established Agency relationships at all Levels of the Media Organization and Direct Client contacts a plus
• Experience managing a sales team
• Thorough understanding of the New York Hispanic and General Market sales dynamics
• Engaged with the local community and willing to dedicate time outside of the workday to entertain and socialize with clients and business community leaders
• Understands how to communicate effectively and build strong internal and external relationships.
A leader that can multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Assumes a leadership role for local sales team to formulate sales goals and competitive advantage strategies in order to grow revenue and market share using the stations broadcast.
• Has a history of achieving budgets on multiple platforms
• Is a skilled negotiator who knows how to up-sell
• Strongly believes that new business is the only way to maximize growth and knows how to train, coach, and motivate Account Executives to thrive in business development
• Possesses an acute understanding of how to forecast future revenue
• Has the creativity to develop targeted, customer focused marketing solutions using multiple media products including but not limited to television, web, mobile, and multi-cast
• Has an excellent understanding of how to price effectively and manage inventory
• Takes full ownership of local budgets and revenue goals and is constantly developing strategies to overachieve
• Knows how to identify and recruit top talent
• Highly computer literate in all Microsoft Office products and ideally has experience with Wide Orbit
• Communicates clearly and consistently to upper management the station's inventory and pricing strategy, business development goals and current market conditions to drive results.
• Works closely with Traffic department on inventory and pricing strategies, along with special opportunity sales.
• Understands online and website sales execution/strategies.
• Working knowledge of the political sales process and paid programming sales a plus. Very strong negotiation skills
The following leadership skills are strongly desired:
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to set strategy and tactically execute the sales strategy
• Ability to multi-task
• Should be assertive, high energy, independent, self-motivated, results oriented and possess a strong sense of urgency
• Demonstrated ability in problem solving and negotiation with special emphasis on closing the sale
• Exceptional planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including formal presentations before both small and large groups
Please follow the link below to apply: