Don Francisco is staying put in Univision. He has renewed his contract with the network for several more years, according to a report that aired on Univision 23 in Miami.
Besides “Sábado Gigante,” the popular TV host will continue his weekly talk show “Don Francisco Presenta.” Currently airing Wednesdays at 10 pm, the show will be moved to Mondays at 10 pm, occupying the spot Cristina used to have until November 1st of last year.
In October, Cristina said she was forced to leave the network, and that her age (62) was the reason Univision ousted her. But Don Francisco’s renewal with the network will make age discrimination a little hard to prove. He’s 70.
Another bit of Don Francisco news: he’s facing a paternity lawsuit in his native chile. A 43 year-old man claims Mario Kreutzberger (Don Francisco’s real name) is his father. The story about the lawsuit, which was filed in October of 2010, first broke in Chile’s paper La Cuarta on Wednesday. A follow up today shows a picture of the man making the claims. According to the paper, Chilean law stipulates that if a person denies submitting DNA for a paternity test, the courts can declare paternity.
Don Francisco told La Cuarta he only heard about the lawsuit in the media and has Chilean attorneys looking into the alleged paternity claims.