It started out as SíTV in February of 2004 and was rebranded as NUVOtv in July of 2011.
Now, 11 years since its birth and less than a year after the parent company of the Latino-targeted cable network acquired the Fuse music TV network, NUVOtv will disappear.
Fuse Media, Inc. (formerly SíTV Media) today announced the NUVOtv brand will continue to produce and premiere new original programming throughout most of 2015, before being phased out this fall.
A portion of the Latino-themed programming will be absorbed by Fuse. Some of the series, currently in development, that will make its way to use include an unscripted show from Jennifer Lopez’s Nuyorican Productions, another one by Wilmer Valderrama and a scripted, animated comedy from comedian Gabriel Iglesias.
The company also revealed its programming slate for NUVOtv and Fuse, as well as the launch of a new network called FM targeting “the New Young American audience” later this year.
Details and programming of the new network will be unveiled in the next few months.
NUVOTV 2015 SLATE
- Original Comedy Specials – In partnership with Levity Entertainment Group (LEG), NUVOtv will air several one-hour comedy specials. Premiering on March 7 at 10 p.m. ET/PT is “Steve Brown: Yeah, I Talk Like This.”
- Knockout (Season 2) – In this returning weekly competition docu-series, rookie boxers will come to Foxwoods Resort Casino in Connecticut and train with legends of the ring. Floyd Mayweather Sr. and “Sugar” Shane Mosley will test their limits and show them what it takes to be a champion. Premieres Wednesday, June 10 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.
In development (that will air on Fuse)
- Hey! It’s Fluffy (new series) – A scripted series from comedian Gabriel Iglesias.
- King of the Floor (new series) – Hosted and executive produced by Wilmer Valderrama, King of the Floor is a competition series that seeks to find the best street dancer in America. Produced by Electus Productions (Marco Polo, Jane the Virgin).
- Transcendent (new series) – Transcendent documents the struggles and triumphs of what it’s like to be transgender in America today.
- Saturday Morning Fever (new series) – Every Saturday morning dozens of hopeful teens and young adults line up outside a local Philadelphia TV station for a chance to shake it live on Dancing on Air – America’s only remaining weekly dance show (in the spirit of Soul Train and The Grind).
- Rell Roast Battle (new series) – With mentoring from The Roast master General Jeffrey Ross, two comics go head to head for three rounds in a boxing-style no holds barred battle of insults.
- TBD Nuyorican Series (new series) – Also in development is a new unscripted series being executive produced by entertainment icon Jennifer Lopez under her Nuyorican Productions banner.