Categorized | People, TV & Radio

Bárbara Bermudo out at Univision

Barbara BermudoUnivision has decided not to renew the contract of “Primer Impacto” co-host Bárbara Bermudo.

Her departure was effective today, with Pamela Silva Conde hosting the show by herself.

A spokesperson confirmed Bermudo is no longer with the company, saying “we thank Barbara for her contributions and wish her well.”

Bermudo has been co-hosting “Primer Impacto” for over 14 years. When she first started in 2002, she was Myrka Dellano’s co-host.

In the years since, she has shared co-anchoring duties with Fernando del Rincón, Ilia Calderón, and most recently, Pamela Silva Conde, who will remain in her current role.

Univision says it will be making announcements about the show in the coming weeks.

This post was written by:

- who has written 4641 posts on Media Moves.

I'm an Emmy award-winning journalist, who's worked as an on-air reporter in Spanish and English-language television news. I've worked for Univision, Telemundo, CNN en Español and Los Angeles Fox and UPN stations before diving into a convergence model at the San Jose Mercury News. I have also held management positions in the online digital sphere - first as Managing Editor of IntersectionsSouthLA.org, followed by a role as the West Coast Web editor for impreMedia. I was president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists from 2004 to 2006. I am also a freelance writer, reporter and producer. I founded Media Moves in June of 2007.

Contact the author

16 Responses to “Bárbara Bermudo out at Univision”

1. Angel d Dios says:

First big casualty since don francisco. Televisa has “big plans” for this time slot. Her husband was out in 2015… i remembMaybe MARIA C needs a co-host.

• Alan Brito says:

Maria C ?
      She knows better. And then more.
      A esa hay que darle candela como al macao, pa sacarla de ahi. De boba, ni tiene un cabello.

2. Fred Schwartz says:

Good job univision! She’s boring and glad univision is getting rid of seudo puritan’s and Christians trump supporters like lourdes Stephen ! They need to be out bunch of hipixrites!

3. sacarias piedras del rio says:

who cares? nobody watch that shitty mexican network!

• Veronica says:

Hispanic network moron

• Mike the Mechanic. says:

Actually Veronica, Sacarias is not that far out from the truth.
        We all can agreed that for decades, Univision have bled and cried, and profited as well, from Televisa and the Mexican demo in the states.
        Maybe more now, since Obama/FCC just gave them a gift in form of a possible 49 % ownership.

4. Rosie Marin says:

Univision sigue decayendo en rating debido a que se esta deshaciendo de las personas que mas rating les produce. Arriba Telemundo, vamos subiendo a paso rapido.

5. Mari says:

Well, journalists are people like anyone. I stopped watching Primer Impacto about 15 years ago. I honestly didn’t like Barbara in the show, but life goes on and she will find another job. Everyone does when they are fired, a contract ends. I hardly ever watch Univision now.

6. She has a YouTube Chanel!!! Just type in Barbara Bermudo and you’re there!!!!

7. She has a YouTube Chanel!!! Just type in Barbara Bermudo and you’re there!!!!

8. TestigosSomos says:

Tirana y antipatica. Pesada.
    Escaso IQ. Mala compañera.
    Se nota que su Rey, hace rato ya se marcho.
    Y el otro, su marido, siempre con Dios en la boca y el Diablo en la mano. Buen duo.
    Los que trabajamos alli, saben que no es embuste.
    Ahora llegara una mas joven, mas barata, de la fabrica Televisa. Tipico.

9. Tita says:

Bárbara, mucha suerte en tus planes futuros! Eres una gran profesional. Cuando una puerta se cierra muchas más se abren.

10. james says:

Suerte para Barbara ,tras la salida de su esposo de Univision eso era de esperarse!!!
    Tu remplazo podria ser Carolina u otra Colombiana que es lo mas problable,para esa silla no va otra persona que No sea Colombiana,Verdad Mr.Isaac Lee Possin… ya este network parece Radio Caracol o RCN.
    La prediccion del niño prodigio!!! dice que vas para Telemundo o Mega Tv

11. AH says:

It wouldn’t surprise me if she was replaced with a younger girl with a shorter skirt.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

Sent out on Friday morning, weekly newsletter Media Moves Wrap provides a summary of the week's top stories.

Read why Media Moves launched a crowdfunding campaign and why it needs your support.

Veronica Villafañe, Editor and Publisher

I'm an Emmy award-winning journalist, who's worked as an on-air reporter in Spanish and English-language television news. I've worked for Univision, Telemundo, CNN en Español and Los Angeles Fox and UPN stations before diving into a convergence model at the San Jose Mercury News. I was president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists from 2004 to 2006, and inducted into the Hall of Fame in August of 2016. As an online news manager, I was West Coast Web Editor for impreMedia and Managing Editor of IntersectionsSouthLA.org. In addition to running Media Moves, which I founded in June of 2007, I'm a regular contributor to Forbes and also do freelance work as writer, reporter and producer.