Categorized | People, TV & Radio

KNBC hires Del Valle as morning traffic reporter

Alysha del ValleAlysha Del Valle has landed a new job as traffic anchor and reporter for KNBC.

She spent the last decade as a morning traffic reporter at KABC until suddenly disappearing from that station earlier this month.

Del Valle joins morning newscast “Today in LA” and is expected to start on air in about a week.

Before KABC, she had several jobs as a morning radio traffic reporter for “Rick Dees in the Morning,” “On-Air with Ryan Seacrest,” and the “The George Lopez Morning Show.” She also hosted TV shows on SíTV and LATV.

This post was written by:

- who has written 4589 posts on Media Moves.

I'm an Emmy award-winning journalist, who's worked as an on-air reporter in Spanish and English-language television news. I've worked for Univision, Telemundo, CNN en Español and Los Angeles Fox and UPN stations before diving into a convergence model at the San Jose Mercury News. I have also held management positions in the online digital sphere - first as Managing Editor of IntersectionsSouthLA.org, followed by a role as the West Coast Web editor for impreMedia. I was president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists from 2004 to 2006. I am also a freelance writer, reporter and producer. I founded Media Moves in June of 2007.

Contact the author

24 Responses to “KNBC hires Del Valle as morning traffic reporter”

1. Sylvia Flores says:

So happy to find her again.. I’ve missed her in the morning on channel 7, but I guess I’ll be switching to channel 4. She so represents our Latino community, just love her.

2. Bert Rice says:

How in the world did ABC LA let Alysha leave.Someone there had their head in the wrong place. Well after years watching the ABC LA news, I am leaving to follow Aleysha to NBC LA morning news.

3. Sandy says:

must say glad she’s gone,she really didn’t hit in with the rest of the group, didn’t like the way she dressed,(she always looked like she was either going out, or coming to work from partying, her hair always lopsided

4. I miss you Alysha… I wake up every morning to channel 7 and I miss your
    Happy smiling pretty face… your so kind and sweet to others and I really think
    Channel 7 made a huge mistake letting you go

5. Tim Wilson says:

What a shame for Channel 4 to hire this woman! I know I will be changing my morning news station; too tight dresses and that annoying voice have dumbed down what was a first class morning news show. Maybe now I will go back to watching channel 7 since she’s not there!

6. Gail says:

Why did you bring her to NBC? I won’t be watching!!! You should’ve left her at ABC.

7. Ron says:

so HAPPY she is gone!! Such a annoying voice and seems like such a fake.

8. Doug says:

Alysha did so much for Southern California, food and toy drives for the less fortunate. She has friends in Garth and Vera both former popular channel 7 on airs. Sometimes change is good and i hope it works out for Alyysha and her family.

9. Fay Evans says:

Finally Del Valle is gone. Leslie Lopez is a class act. Alysha needs to add more fabric to her clothes and get rid of the black, black trashy hair and over makeup. Maybe beneath all of that she might be attractive. The way she presents herself, she looks as if she is a street walker out of work. KABC I give you thumbs up.

10. Melanie says:

I actually switched from 7 to NBC because of devalle mistakes on pronunciation and Traffic errors. Now I have switched back to channel 7 because she is gone.

11. Rich Kal says:

Good Luck!

12. Leon Brechbill says:

Glad she is gone. Now we need to work on Leslie Sykes leaving; REALLY don’t like how she Struts like a rooster. Very annoying! John Gregory is great! Phillip, too!

13. Herve Manzoni says:

I didn’t particularly care for her, but she was OK. I wish her the best. One thing I noticed a while back was the friction between Alysha Del Valle and Scott Reif, the guy in the helicopter on the morning newscast. He couldn’t hide the fact that he couldn’t stand her, it was too obvious by his facial expressions and his inability to greet her or say her name. Anybody else catch that?

14. Romo sigur says:

I LOVE DEL VALLE SHE FINE AS HELL….

15. Rono sigur says:

I WISH SHE WAS MY GIRL FRIEND SHE IS VERY ADDI CTIVE AND STILL IS ONE OF THE PRETTIEST WOMEN IN THE WORLD , I LOVE YOU ALYSSA.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

Sent out on Friday morning, weekly newsletter Media Moves Wrap provides a summary of the week's top stories.

Read why Media Moves launched a crowdfunding campaign and why it needs your support.

Veronica Villafañe, Editor and Publisher

I'm an Emmy award-winning journalist, who's worked as an on-air reporter in Spanish and English-language television news. I've worked for Univision, Telemundo, CNN en Español and Los Angeles Fox and UPN stations before diving into a convergence model at the San Jose Mercury News. I was president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists from 2004 to 2006, and inducted into the Hall of Fame in August of 2016. As an online news manager, I was West Coast Web Editor for impreMedia and Managing Editor of IntersectionsSouthLA.org. In addition to running Media Moves, which I founded in June of 2007, I'm a regular contributor to Forbes and also do freelance work as writer, reporter and producer.