Univision today announced a series of leadership changes in its radio division and local media structure, effect immediately.
José Valle, President of Univision Radio since 2011, leaves that role to become President of Political & Advocacy Sales.
Jaime Jiménez, currently EVP, Univision Local Media, keeps that title and will assume responsibilities for Univision Radio content and Univision Radio’s operating hubs in Los Angeles, Miami and San Antonio. He was previously responsible for half of Univision’s local TV and radio stations.
Both executives will remain based in Los Angeles. Valle will report to Keith Turner, President, Advertising Sales & Marketing for UCI and Jiménez will report to Kevin Cuddihy, President, Univision Local Media.
As part of the changes, Univision Radio’s AM stations will be integrated locally effective immediately.
In an email to staff, Cuddihy announced changes to the Local Media structure that will put “an emphasis on resources, responsibility and authority at the local station level and focuses corporate resources to providing strategic direction, process improvement and standardization, and general support.”
Here’s the new organizational chart, effective immediately:
· General Managers in Los Angeles (Luis Patiño), New York (Ramon Pineda), Miami (Claudia Puig), Chicago (Doug Levy), Dallas (Mark Masepohl), Houston (David Loving) and Puerto Rico (Jaime Bauza) will now report directly to Cuddihy.
· Jaime Jiménez, EVP, Local Media, will oversee Radio content, Univision Radio’s operating hubs in Los Angeles, Miami and San Antonio, and UCI owned radio-only markets: San Diego, Las Vegas, Albuquerque, El Paso and McAllen
· Lee Davis, EVP, Local Media, will take on an operations role with oversight of the San Francisco, Arizona, San Antonio, Austin, Fresno, Sacramento and Bakersfield markets
· Directors of Sales (DOS) – In each market, the DOS will report directly to the general manager with a dotted line to Keith Turner
· Alberto Mier y Terán, EVP, Local Media, will assume responsibility for News, Engineering, Research, Digital and Vendor Program Sales across the Local Media organization
· Luis Fernandez-Rocha, SVP, Local Media, will oversee UCI owned TV only markets and joint sales agreement (JSA) markets including Raleigh, Cleveland, Denver, Boston, Orlando, Tampa, Albuquerque, DC and Salt Lake City
· In addition to his role with the Office of the CEO, Adam Shippee will assist the Local Media organization with ad sales operations and commercial excellence efforts
Univision previously underwent a management restructuring in August of last year.