Categorized | People, TV & Radio

Estrella TV names anchor Pedro Ferriz Hijar VP of National News

Pedro Ferriz HijarLBI Media has decided to promote Estrella TV network national news anchor Pedro Ferriz Hijar to VP of national news, effective immediately.

He takes over the position left vacant earlier this year after the forced departure of Andrés Angulo following sexual harassment complaints and lawsuits filed by former anchors Karla Amezola and Adriana Ruggiero, which are still pending.

Ferriz Hijar, who will continue his role as news anchor, will be responsible for the strategic planning and management of the network’s news division, as well as production of all news-related programing.

Prior to joining Estrella TV as anchor of its national newscast “Cierre de Edición” in February 2016, he was an anchor for Efekto TV and hosted a 3-hour nightly program on Poder México Radio.

This post was written by:

- who has written 4587 posts on Media Moves.

I'm an Emmy award-winning journalist, who's worked as an on-air reporter in Spanish and English-language television news. I've worked for Univision, Telemundo, CNN en Español and Los Angeles Fox and UPN stations before diving into a convergence model at the San Jose Mercury News. I have also held management positions in the online digital sphere - first as Managing Editor of IntersectionsSouthLA.org, followed by a role as the West Coast Web editor for impreMedia. I was president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists from 2004 to 2006. I am also a freelance writer, reporter and producer. I founded Media Moves in June of 2007.

Contact the author

7 Responses to “Estrella TV names anchor Pedro Ferriz Hijar VP of National News”

1. Josh R says:

Good job dude!

2. Daniel Levy says:

Era cuestión de tiempo. Nadie mejor para poner orden en ese lugar. Felicidades y “Hagamos Historia”.

3. WestandEast says:

O sea, Ferriz el hijito delincuenton de Papa, junto a la incapaz Ospina.
    Duo perfecto.
    Oh Estrellada TV, you just can’t help it.

4. Renan C. says:

Bueno, por lo menos habra un mexicano, de dudosa procedencia, pero mexicano; porque la mafia colombiana tiene tomado ese canal, preguntenme a mi. El canal que menos mexicanos tiene en noticias.

5. Mike the Mechanic says:

Peor que la mafia colombiana que tenemos aca en Univision Network, esa misma que la embarro en Bogota y ahora le hace aqui el dirty work a Azcarraguita?
    No creo !
    Apenas, justificar una mafia por otra, es lo indicado?
    Lo de Estrella TV fue, es y sera, dead on arrival.

• Manny Restrepo says:

Mucha razón tienes Mike, aunque soy de ese país, me parece absurdo lo que hacen esos ” mafia ejecutivos paisas de segunda”. Vean a su talento caray! Malisimos en verdad. Les quitas el telepromter y se mueren. Imagina que empezamos a extranar aquí a los cubanos que estaban apoderados de la cadena. Que bajo hemos caído. De Estrella? 0 a la izquierda.

6. Marisela Carreon says:

Felicidades y Viva Mexico

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

Sent out on Friday morning, weekly newsletter Media Moves Wrap provides a summary of the week's top stories.

Read why Media Moves launched a crowdfunding campaign and why it needs your support.

Veronica Villafañe, Editor and Publisher

I'm an Emmy award-winning journalist, who's worked as an on-air reporter in Spanish and English-language television news. I've worked for Univision, Telemundo, CNN en Español and Los Angeles Fox and UPN stations before diving into a convergence model at the San Jose Mercury News. I was president of the National Association of Hispanic Journalists from 2004 to 2006, and inducted into the Hall of Fame in August of 2016. As an online news manager, I was West Coast Web Editor for impreMedia and Managing Editor of IntersectionsSouthLA.org. In addition to running Media Moves, which I founded in June of 2007, I'm a regular contributor to Forbes and also do freelance work as writer, reporter and producer.