Just 7 months after Cristina Saralegui’s show debuted on Telemundo, it has been canceled. The last “Pa’Lante con Cristina,” which airs on Sundays at 7 pm, is slated for June 17.
In a statement, Telemundo spokesman Alfredo Richards says “We are extremely thankful to Cristina and her team for the dedication, professionalism and commitment to ‘Pa’Lante con Cristina.’ We have mutually agreed not to renew the show for the next season. We admire and respect her work. She is a great professional and we wish her the best in her future projects.”
Cristina today sent a tweet to her followers about the end of her brief run on Telemundo: “I wanted to let you know that after a year with Telemundo, we have decided not to renew “Pa’lante con Cristina” for a second season. I wanted to thank all of you for your support throughout the years and I hope to be able to count on that support with all of our future endeavors. I’ll be back!!!”
Cristina’s arrival at Telemundo was announced with much fanfare during last year’s upfronts, months after being ousted from Univision, where she spent more than 20 years.
Her first special on Telemundo in May of last year with the cast of “La Reina del Sur” was a ratings success, with more than 2 million viewers tuning in. Interviewing the stars of popular telenovelas after the series finale was a signature event for Cristina on Univision. Her debut show on October 9, 2011 also did well. It attracted 3 million viewers.
Cristina should remain pretty busy, even without her TV show on Telemundo. In January of this year, she launched Cristina Radio on SiriusXM, she just started a blog on HuffPost Voces and she also has Casa Cristina, her own home décor line.
She’ll be back, she says? It seems like she’s still here.